Saturday, December 14, 2013

Thurman vs Soto Karass post fight analysis


While I was salivating for the Maidana vs Broner fight, this fight was nearly as mouth watering. I have been watching Thurman because there was something about him, I have this gut feeling about him and I think I might be right after his fight with Soto Karass. Thurman showed that he is much more than just a banger, he showed that he has real talent as he employed a beautiful strategy against the tough and cagey veteran Soto Karass, who was coming of a spectacular knockout win over Andre Berto. I was not sure if Thurman could keep up this game plan all night but he was boxing brilliantly, showing us just how many tools the man has in his arsenal. He was patient and stuck to his game plan, he showed a great deal of poise in the face of the tremendous amount of pressure Soto Karass was putting on him. He showed a good chin and great stamina as he walked his man down and eventually got a pretty brutal knockout. I think Keith Thurman might just be the real deal, Soto Karass is not easy to look good against, even if you beat him. If you are not it, he will certainly find that out for us and Thurman looked good.

On a side note I would like to say that the ref Jon Schorle did a great job, Soto Karass was going down and the ref was able to break his fall and stop him from potentially slamming his head on the canvas, and Soto Karass was clearly out. Kudos to you Mr. Schorle.





















No comments:

Post a Comment