Friday, April 19, 2013

Alvarez vs Trout, Prediction

Tomorrow, April 20th, Saul Alvarez takes on Austin Trout in a super welterweight unification bout. Both fighters seem to be in or near their prime, undefeated and ready for big things. I think both are about equal in nearly every physical attribute and skill. However, I believe the main difference is that Trout has gotten here the hard way and is not about to let that be taken from him and Canelo has had practically everything handed to him on a silver platter. He is a good fighter though, and that being said, he has not impressed me at all in recent fights. Knocking out an old Baldomir was an accomplishment but still, up to that point it was a boring fight. Regardless, this should be a fairly fan friendly fight.

What should happen
Canelo should do his thing against Trout, come in and box for 12 rounds and win a somewhat fan friendly scrap, possibly a razor thing decision prompting all the boxing world to cry foul, as usual.

What could happen
Trout could come out and completely dominate Alvarez, but then again, Alvarez could do the same. I think what would be shocking is if this fight ends in a KO either way, but it could happen.

What I think will happen
I think Trout will completely dominate Alvarez. I have never been impressed with Alvarez beating up second tier competition, and struggling in doing so. Trout has a lot to prove and has worked hard to get here, I think that alone will propel him to his biggest win to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment